Receive the proper aftercare treatment
At the end of your psychological therapy, you need to receive the proper aftercare treatment. Canon Human Services’ mission doesn’t end with a participant’s completion of the treatment program. We provide continuing support during the critical period following treatment through our aftercare services, as we aim to ensure complete recovery for our patients.
With a proper aftercare service, we try to prevent your condition to get worse and you to need to be readmitted to a clinic. We consider aftercare a type of continued treatment following the treatment itself. In most cases it’s for a short period of time. Post – treatment is a crucial and risky period of a therapy. The strides made during recovery must be reinforced.
Traits of a successful aftercare
There are several kinds of aftercare treatment options. It’s important to know the main ones so you receive the proper aftercare treatment that can help prevent relapse and expand upon the coping strategies learned during rehabilitation. These treatments are:
- Outpatient treatment: The individual stays at home while attending treatment a few times a week, at his or her convenience.
- Group counseling: patients will listen to each other and share experiences associated with addiction. They’ll work to build social and coping skills in a group setting.
- Individual therapy: each patient will meet one-on-one with a therapist to build upon progress made during initial treatment.
- 12-step programs: also known as Fellowship programs. Some of them are Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA). They provide support and encouragement for the individual on the road to recovery.
A quality rehab program will tailor a set of aftercare requirements and goals for each patient. In some cases, such as court-ordered treatment or other work/employment drug and alcohol assistance programs, aftercare participation is mandatory and closely monitored.
Some of the components leading up to and involving aftercare plans are:
- Relapse prevention strategy drawn up and rehearsed prior to the end of initial treatment.
- Prescription for consistent participation in addiction support / self-help groups.
- Regularly scheduled outpatient follow-up appointments with a counselor.
- If needed, arrangements for a controlled living environment post-treatment.
- Recommended or required drug testing
- Monitoring: can be done during scheduled appointments.
Let us help you receive the proper aftercare treatment
Canon Human Services, through its Brown Scapular Program, has been helping people overcome chemical dependency and resolve drug-related problems since 1988. Part of our support goes beyond the treatment itself. We’ll make sure you overcome your addictions for good.
For more information call (323) 249-9097 or (323) 249 9121. You can also write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org